Job Opportunities May 2021
Maintenance Assistant Maintenance Officer
Due to resort growth, Palm Bay is looking for a person to assume maintenance responsibilities within a small niche resort comprising 25 unique homes and associated equipment ensuring continual power, water and sewer infrastructure is kept running safely.
Our gardens are exceptional and require continual care to ensure our guests enjoy the serenity that Palm Bay offers.
People will describe you as the ultimate fixit person that can keep the motors running. You have exceptional work ethics and a drive to keep the resort running. You are efficient and use your initiative to ‘make things happen’. You have strong technical knowledge within the industry with significant skills within the maintenance space. You are a responsible person and believe in adhering to the ethical requirements maintenance. You are hardworking, dynamic and enjoy working in a team. You enjoy working closely with other team members to ensure the resort is operational. You will put your hand up to help whenever required which is what also makes you an influential team member.
The Maintenance Officer will be based out of Palm Bay Resort on the beautiful Whitsundays. Practical knowledge, with excellent value mechanical services to provide the best possible options for the resort. Palm Bay Resort are recognised as being one of the best run resorts within the Whitsunday Island Group with exceptional customer service. As the Maintenance Officer your role will involve but not limited to:
· Participate in all professional services, programs and ensure you are achieving desired targets as set by the Operations Manager and/or Maintenance Manager
· Disciplined in maintaining high workmanship standards
· Maintain high efficiency rates
· Service and repair on all resort equipment as part of thew Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedual
· Work closely with Maintenance Manager to achieve desired compliance and audit outcomes
· Manage contractors
· Grounds Maintenance
Experience with gardening and power tools.
Mechanically skilled with machine maintenance experience.
Available to live on island during their shifts and potentially longer term to cover leave.
Able to communicate effectively with management and resort guests.
Able to live and work with other staff in close quarters.
Able to do basic plumbing and electrical tasks.
Position strengths :
Current drivers licence.
Current Boat licence
Coxswain certificate would be favourable.
Forklift certificate desirable.
Experience with fishing and associated equipment.
Experience with gardening tools and maintenance of the equipment used.
Able to communicate effectively with outside contractors and equipment suppliers.
Send resume to email@example.com
All Rounder x 1
Primary purpose of the job: To provide excellent standards of visitor service at all times to maximise visitor enjoyment of the site and commercial income; and to ensure the site and its assets are safe and secure
Responsible to: General Manager
- Delivery of catering services to ensure a high quality visitor experience is maintained at all times and to optimise income generation
- Housekeeping to ensure the highest standards of presentation and cleanliness
- To achieve these aims through effective teamwork with other team members
- To answer emails and reservation calls effectively and efficiently and in a polite manner
- To provide consistently high standards of visitor care at all times when welcoming visitors to the site; processing sales; answering visitors’ queries and providing information
- Assist in the preparation drink, ensure all drink products are attractively displayed and correctly priced with ensuring that it is recorded on the guests room number.
- To serve customers and actively promote catering sales;
- To provide the highest possible standards of presentation ensuring that displays, fixtures, fittings and premises are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness; cleaning the restaurant tables and catering equipment, communal kitchen washing up manually and using a machine, public areas
- To keep up to date with the history of the site and past/present/future developments to ensure consistently excellent product knowledge
- Ensure the security and safety of visitors, staff, volunteers, the premises, stock and cash at all times.
- To assist in the delivery of events and hospitality across the site including set up, stewarding and break down
- To take responsibility for your own personal development and to share your learning with others
- To respond to complaints; listen to feedback from our visitors and to ensure that Palm Bay Resort endeavours to fulfil their customer service
- To answer all calls in a courteous manner and relay correct information.
- Take reservations using the New book system, taking credit card details is a confidential matter and should be handled professionally and accurately
- Assist with the check in check out process ensuring that all balances are paid from bar and shop prior to departure
- At the end of each shift the books have been balanced and all doors, fridges are locked and keys have been given to the Manager
Casual Housekeeping x 1
Primary purpose of the job: to ensure the a high standard of cleanliness in all aspects of the resort, rooms, public areas and laundry
Responsible to: Housekeeping Supervisor
Responsible for: Junior / New Team Member
Answer immediately to request from guests, as well as from other departments
Load buggy with supplies such as linens and drive it to the required area
Enter guest rooms by adhering to proper procedures and ensure they are vacant
Fold towels, make beds, and ensure bathrooms are clean
Remove dirty linen and rubbish
Check all room appliances to ensure they are in good working condition
Adjust furniture and appliances as necessary.
Dust furnishings and walls and remove marks from them
Vacuum, mop floors
Provide immediate report of any safety hazards, maintenance problems to the supervisor
Keep uniform clean and make sure to appear professional always
Keep resort information confidential
Ensure that all customer interactions are professional and personable
Provide support to team to achieve common goals
Maintain resort standards ensure proper use of chemicals
This job requires the candidate to have the ability to bend, twist, stoop, and pull
Ability to sit, stand, walk, or kneel for a long period of time
Have a good eye for attention to detail
Strong knowledge of cleaning supplies and procedures
Ability to work independently without direct supervision
Have a good work ethic and work to get the job done. No clock watchers.