When: 19th to 21st July, 2019
Where: Bowen Foreshore – Santa Barbara Parade
Bowen and the Whitsunday area will host a round of the Australian Offshore Superboat Championships on 19 and 21 April this year.
For the sixth consecutive year, the Bowen Superboats put the spotlight on Edgecumbe Bay, the Bowen Marina and Foreshore area. It is the largest on water event in Bowen, and is free for the community to attend. Upwards of 10 boats compete and reach speeds in excess of 200 kilometres per hour. The teams bring with them a cast of hundreds – from pit crews to family, friends and loyal supporters- all with a need for speed and all keen to soak up the best the region has to offer.
Stay tuned for the full program but you can bet that there will be something for everybody; from family fun activities, kids amusements, and even some extreme experiences for all you thrill seekers out there, including:
- Kids Amusements with Rides n Slides
- Helicopter Joy Rides with GSL Aviation
- Adventure Flights with CQ Adventure Flights
- Skydiving with Airlie Beach Skydivers
- Boat Tours with Whitsunday Sporting Car Club
- Family Fun Day and Spectating on the Jetty with North QLD Bulk Ports
- Markets, Entertainment & Great Food
The Bowen Offshore Superboats is hosted by Bowen Tourism and Business and the Offshore Superboats Australia and are proudly supported by the Whitsunday Regional Council, S&W Crane, Adani and North Queensland Bulk Ports.