For those seeking the unique seclusion of an exclusive, intimate resort facilities… With the convenience of self-catering accommodation
Palm Bay Resort is a beautiful boutique resort nestled in the neck of Long Island, one of the iconic islands of the Great Barrier Reef. With our very own secluded private cove, Palm Bay offers spacious Balinese inspired villas with extensive views to the Whitsunday passage and Coral Sea.
Offering complete tranquility and seclusion, Palm Bay has been designed to intricately blend into its natural surroundings and is simply a stones throw from some of Australia’s most iconic reefs and beaches.
As the only self-catering accommodation in the Whitsundays, Palm Bay Resort offers a unique resort experience, with a twist! Our 25 unique accommodation villas, suites and houses are ideal for couples, individuals or families and we can cater to groups of up to 60 people offering sole occupancy of the resort for events, weddings and corporate functions.
Guests of Palm Bay Resort can access all of our resort facilities including our fully equipped guest kitchen and Palm Bay Bar. Other facilities include the poolside dining area as well as our Palm Blue Day Spa, beach pavilion and lounge space, media room, tennis court, nature walks and kayaks. For the more adventurous, we can also help you organise Whitsunday activities and tours such as reef snorkelling, fishing charters and water-sports adventures. We do not offer wifi at the resort; however in certain areas of the resort there is very good reception. We recommend you use your hotspot or bring your own portable wifi with you. Our front desk reception is open from 7AM till 7PM AEST.
Each of our resort rooms have been designed for tranquility and comfort and offers the following features
- Private Deck with hammock
- Bathroom with shower
- Draws and robe space
- Reverse cycle air-conditioning
- Linen and towels
- Toiletries provided (soap, shampoo, conditioner)
- Daily house keeping (available only upon request with a charge)
- Additional beds can be added for $50 per person per night (Bungalows and Houses only)
- Queen and King Size Balinese inspired bedrooms with Coral Sea view(* Five bungalows offer optional twin single bed configuration)
- Lounge Area (Bungalows)
- Dining Area
- Kitchenette (Bungalows only)
- Bar fridge
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Daybed (Bungalows only)
Our spacious villas sit on the waters edge and provide five star comfort and extensive views to the Coral Sea and Whitsunday Passage.
- 6 x 1 bedroom Beach Front Bungalows
- 1 x 2 bedroom Beach Front Bungalows
- 4 x 1 bedroom Beach Front Bures
- 3 x Serenity Bures
- 6 x Beach Front Villas
- 2 x Hillside Hibiscus Suites
- 1 x Platinum House
- 1 x Ocean View Bure
- 1 x Ocean View House
Palm Bay Resort offers resort style accommodation with the convenience of self-catering. Guests of Palm Bay will need to supply their own food. For your convenience, we offer a good selection of frozen meats, seafood and bread, meal bases, pasta, rice and other non-perishable and snack items.
Palm Bay bar offers a wide selection of cocktails, spirits, beer and wine from the fully licensed bar.
We also offer pizzas and a limited menu from our woodfired pizza kitchen.
We have a relationship with Whitsunday Provisioning, Slice of Nature and Fishi where you can order complete meal plans, or simply shop on their online supermarket and arrange delivery of your order to our island.
Please see our Self Catering Options page for more details.
We have a well-stocked store that supplies pasta and pasta sauces, rice, eggs, long life milk, cheese, chocolate and soft drinks, and we have a good supply of frozen meats, seafood and bread. We have a wide range of non-perishable items like snack foods, canned food and condiments. The guest kitchen has salt, pepper and a community section.
- We are self catering and you will need to bring your own food (see self catering) or buy or supplement your food provisions from our store.
- Our main food preparation area overlooking the resort pool is equipped with everything you will need to store and cook your food including crockery, cutlery, cookware and utensils, BBQs, gas burners, oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, large fridge and freezer etc, so all you need to bring is yourselves and your food.
The Whitsundays enjoys a tropical climate of hot summers, warm winters and bright spring and autumn days. Average daily temperatures range from just over 23 degrees Celsius in the winter months of June and July, and up to 30.5 degrees Celsius in January during the height of summer. Water temperatures remain a welcoming 25 degrees Celsius all year round.
The tropical wet season occurs during January to March when days can be steamy and the summer heat is often broken by tropical showers
During the Summer months Stingers Suits must be worn to swim in the sea. They are available for hire for $10 per person per stay.