We have a well stocked store that supplies pasta and pasta sauces, rices, eggs, long life milk, cheese, chocolate and soft drinks, and we have a good supply of frozen meats, seafood and breads. We have a wide range of non perishable items like snack foods, canned food and condiments. The guest kitchen has salt, pepper and a community section.
- We are self catering and you will need to bring your own food (see self catering) or buy or supplement your food provisions from our store.
- Our main food preparation area overlooking the resort pool is equipped with everything you will need to store and cook your food including crockery, cutlery, cookware and utensils, BBQs, gas burners, oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, large fridge and freezer etc, so all you need to bring is yourselves and your food.
Have your food delivered direct to the island:
ALL food orders must be placed a minimum of 48 hours in advance, and will be delivered to Shute Harbour where a Palm Bay staff member will collect from to deliver to the resort. This service costs $15 per food order (2 boxes). Each additional box of food will be $5 per box.
When you order food to be delivered by the below company, please address the order to Palm Bay Resort, Long Island, to ensure it finds its way to the resort.
Our external catering company Whitsunday Provisioning provides gourmet planned meals at a cost per day, as well as supermarket food. You can view their website to get your food order started http://www.whitprov.com.au/. A snapshot of their brochure is available if you click here
- * Please note that although Whitsunday Provisioning are able to supply alcohol, no alcohol orders will be processed or collected for Palm Bay Resort
- Alternatively if you come via Proserpine you can pick your own food supplies at either of the supermarkets in Airlie Beach.
- Please note we are fully licensed and have a strict no BYO alcohol policy
Palm Bay are excited to announce the opening of their new bar in March 2015. We now offer a range of spirits, cocktails, beer, wine and cider. So you can now enjoy a cocktail by the pool!
To view a list of our cocktails, beer, wine and coffee click here
To view our Sunset Drink Specials click here
Palm Bay offers affordable and delicious event catering packages to suit your needs.
For comprehensive event menu’s please see our events pages.
We stayed for a week and loved the convenience of cooking for ourselves. We could eat what we wanted to and weren’t restricted by expensive menu’s.Kimberley Harris