For transfers to Palm Bay Resort please contact
Island Transfers on 0488022868
or click on this link www.islandtransfers.com
The Whitsunday islands are accessible via two domestic airports; Great Barrier Reef Airport on Hamilton Island and the Whitsunday Coast Airport on the mainland at Proserpine.
From Hamilton Island Airport
Getting to Palm Bay Resort from Hamilton Island is simple:
- You can arrange Direct air or sea transfers from Hamilton Island to Palm Bay. See additional options below.
- Palm Bay is also accessible from the mainland and is approximately a 20 minute ride via water taxi from Shute Harbour to Long Island Jetty. See Traveling from the Mainland below.
What you need to know when arriving from Hamilton Island…
The ferry service to Long Island has been discontinued.
It is still easy to get to Palm Bay and we are in the process of obtaining a private charter boat for transfers and tour connections. Please see additional options below for direct transfers from Hamilton Island to Palm Bay Resort.
From Proserpine Airport
Proserpine Airport is located on the mainland and arriving here means you will need to take a 40 minute shuttle ride to Shute Harbour where you can arrange a water taxi to transport you to Long Island.
What you need to know when arriving from Proserpine…
- Whitsunday Transit shuttles meet all flights arriving at Proserpine Airport and offer transfer services to Airlie Beach and Shute Harbour. View the Whitsunday Transit shuttle timetable
- You will need to pre-book your shuttle online before you arrive. ‘From: Proserpine Airport’ and ‘To: Shute Harbour’
- Your shuttle will wait for your arriving flight even if it your flight is running late.
- From Shute Harbour to Long Island:
- There is a water taxi from Shute Harbour that can take you straight to the Palm Bay Resort beach. Visit: www.islandtransfers.com or contact Phil on 0488 022 868 or call 07 4946 6285.
- An alternate water taxi service is www.whitsundaycamping.com.au or call 0429466285
- A Heli Taxi is also available from Proserpine Airport. For prices and bookings contact 0428 263 111
From Airlie Beach
The Whitsundays is accessible from Airlie Beach and Shute Harbour. Secure Car Parking is available at Shute Harbour or regular coach services operate into Airlie Beach and Shute Harbour.
For coach timetables visit www.whitsundaytransit.com.au
For car parking information, contact Secure Car Parking on 07 4946 9666.
Of course if something a little more glamorous takes your fancy then there are plenty of these options available for travel between the Hamilton Island and the mainland to Palm Bay Long Island Resort.
- Heli Taxi from Proserpine/Airlie Beach: Perhaps a Helicopter is more your style? Heli Taxi can take you over breathtaking views from Proserpine or the Mainland to Palm Bay Resort email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0428 263 111
- Helicopter from Hamilton Island: For a real treat Hamilton Island Air can arrange for a helicopter transfer from Hamilton Island Airport to Palm Bay Beach. For rates and information visit: www.hamiltonislandair.com
- Private Boat: Mars Charters can organise your own private boat for your transfer to our island. For rates and details visit: www.marscharters.com.au
- Seaplane: If a seaplane is more your style then Air Whitsunday can arrange that for you. For rates and information visit: www.airwhitsunday.com.au
- Water Taxi from Shute Harbour: Alternatively, there is a water taxi from Shute Harbour that can take you straight to the Palm Bay Resort beach. Visit: www.whitsundaycamping.com.au or call 07 4946 6285 NOTE: Only available for groups of 4 or more.
- Limousine from Proserpine: Arriving into Proserpine? Travel from the Airport to Airlie Beach/Shute Harbour in style with Airlie Limos www.airlielimos.com only $90 into Airlie or $120 to Shute Harbour. Contact 0438 089 682 or email email@example.com